May 1, 2016
Bloomington, MN - As National Military Appreciation Month, May gives our nation the opportunity to focus on honoring, appreciating, and recognizing the men and women who selflessly serve or have served our country. Well over 90 million Americans have sacrificed in defense of the freedoms we enjoy today.
MidCountry Bank supports our military personnel in an effort to extend to them not only OUR thanks, but also the thanks of our communities. Our branches are serving as drop off sites for A Million Thanks, an organization founded in 2004 by then 15 year-old Shauna Fleming, with the goal of sending one million cards and letters of appreciation to U.S. military serving around the world. That goal has been exceeded and you can visit the A Million Thanks website to see a running total of how many letters have been sent to date.
In May, YOU can write a letter of appreciation and drop it off at any MidCountry Bank location, and we’ll work with the folks at A Million Thanks to be sure your well wishes and encouragements reach our troops. MidCountry Bank will even supply specially designed letterhead for you to use!
Here are some guidelines to keep in mind:
- Send as many letters as you’d like
- Include your kids! If they can’t write, ask them to draw a picture and add a note to it for them.
- Keep the messages positive and be creative, kind and uplifting
- Include your address so they can respond to you
- Address the recipient generically, as they cannot send specifically addressed pieces
- Please do not include confetti or glitter in your letter
- Do not put letter in individual envelopes
- Do not sent edible items
Military men and women far and near are grateful for the support and take comfort in knowing people are thinking about them. MidCountry Bank is proud and honored to be a part of this effort!
Learn More About: