Get The Answers You're Looking For
Popmoney offers an easy way to send and receive money for all the things that come up. Need to pay a friend back for movie tickets? Send her the money and include a message saying "Great movie! Enjoyed getting together. Thanks for the tickets."
Popmoney is also great for:
- Dividing the bill at a group dinner (No more waiting to split the check—just pay the person back online!)
- Paying club dues or home owner's association fees
- Sending a cash gift to someone
- The recipient gets notified of your payment via email or text message
- In most cases, the money you send is automatically deposited into the person's account. Likewise, money you receive in Popmoney is automatically deposited into your account in most cases
- You can track recent and pending transactions through your history
Use Popmoney to send money to anyone with just the person's email address or mobile phone number. The email address or phone number uniquely identifies the person in our records. We also use this information to notify the recipient of your payment.
- If the person has already registered for Popmoney, we deposit the payment directly into the person's account
- If the person hasn't registered, we send an invitation that explains how to register for the service and claim the money you sent
Popmoney uses several methods to ensure that your information is secure.
- User Name and Password—Your online banking user name and password are unique identifiers that only you know. As long as you don't share your user name and password with anyone, no one can sign in to Popmoney as you
- SSL—Popmoney uses SSL (secure sockets layer) which ensures that your connection and information are secure from outside inspection
- Encryption—Popmoney uses 128-bit encryption to make your information unreadable as it passes over the Internet
Login to Online Banking and access the 'Popmoney' tab in the 'Quick Pay Zone', or within 'Bill Pay' go to 'Popmoney' and then 'Send Money'.
If the person you're sending money to has signed up for the Popmoney service, the money you send is deposited into their account automatically. If the person has not signed up for the service, he receives an invitation that explains how to sign up and claim the money.
Many additional options can be found under the Popmoney tab in Bill Pay. Sending money using the Popmoney tab in Bill Pay will allow you to set options such as scheduling a payment for a future date, making a recurring payment, including a unique eCard design or sending a payment using a routing number and an account number. You may also request money. A request will be sent to the email or phone number provided. The recipient will receive notification of your request and can easily send the amount requested.
The cut-off time for Popmoney is 9pm CST. Confirmations will be sent to notify the sender and receiver of the estimated delivery date. Scheduled and recurring will be 3 days.
We are unable to retrieve the funds, payment was processed as requested. Please confirm the email address or phone number before sending.
A notice will be sent to the recipient when using an email or mobile phone number. If the Direct to Bank Account option is selected, a notice is not sent, but the sender can choose to send one by using the Send an Email link when setting up the payment.
No, they would need all of the Popmoney sign on information also.
The receiver can provide a new phone number to the sender and then he/she can go in and edit the phone number for that payment so that the receiver can collect the payment.
The other option is to allow the payment to expire and then have the sender issue a new payment to the new phone number.
The receiver has 10 days from the send date to provide the eligible transaction account information to claim the funds. When the payment expires, the funds are returned and deposited back to the sender in 2-3 business days.
Login to Online Banking and click on Bill Pay. Open the Popmoney tab and follow the steps provided.
The minimum personal payment is $5 and your maximum can be found by clicking on the information button next to the amount field under Popmoney in Bill Pay.
Learn More About: