July 16, 2019
The benefits of online banking are abundant if you take the proper steps to protect yourself and use the internet wisely. Do you know who, or what, is in your computer? Here are ways you can keep yourself safer online.
- Don’t use obvious passwords like birthdays, family names, etc.
- Never share your passwords with anyone
- If your password is breached, create a new one
- Always log out of your session when you are finished
- Never provide your Social Security number or account information to anyone who contacts you online or by phone/text
- Go paperless with eStatements and Bill Pay – exposes you to less fraud and has less impact on the environment
- Never click on email links from people you don’t know
- Keep your browser updated and use antivirus software on your computer
- Never reveal sensitive or personal information on social networking sites
- Use secure delivery methods whenever possible
- Order a free copy of your credit report every four months from one of the three credit reporting agencies at annualcreditreport.com
Learn More About: