Minnesota car and auto insurance, homeowners insurance, umbrella coverage and more! Dedicated professionals who provide personal follow-up are how MidCountry Insurance sets itself apart in the industry. Over 60 years of expertise to help you invest in your future. Your full-service agency for all of your insurance needs. A wholly-owned subsidiary of MidCountry Bank, MidCountry Insurance welcomes the opportunity to help you.
Home. Car. Family. Health. Money. Belongings. “Asset” means something different to everyone. When it comes to insuring your assets, you want someone who understands and respects your unique circumstances. MidCountry Insurance provides agents whose primary goal is to help you plan to protect what is important to YOU.
Our relationship-based service promises good people, strong values and genuine commitment to help you enjoy success and security. When you choose MidCountry Insurance, you have a broader team of resources that will work together to do what is best for your financial future.
- Independent agency with multiple carrier options from outstanding, “A” rated companies
- Honest agents who have your best interest in mind
- Personal, professional, stellar service
- Over 60 years of experience and resources
- Auto and Vehicle - Insurance to protect the owner of the vehicle in the event of a loss. It includes, but is not limited to liability, uninsured motorist (UM), underinsured motorist (UIM), personal injury protection (PIP), comprehensive and collision.
- Home and Renters - Insurance to protect a homeowner or renter against loss of their personal belongings and more importantly their property assets in the event of a covered loss.
- Umbrella Policy - Insurance purchased in addition to a liability policy to protect assets, expanding coverage to protect against catastrophic liability.
- Boats, Motorcycles and Recreational Vehicles - Insurance purchased to protect both the physical damage of the recreational vehicle and the liability of the owner in the event of a loss.
- Life and Health - Insurance to protect your family’s most valuable asset, YOU! Rates depend on age, demographics, and types of policies. There is a wide range of policies available to fit your specific needs.
- Long Term Care - Insurance to provide care support and services when you are no longer able to take care of yourself. There are several types of policies with a wide array of options.
- Disability - Insurance to protect your ability to earn an income. Individuals must meet qualification requirements, but if you find yourself unable to work due to a qualifying disability, this could be one of the most important insurance policies to invest in.
- Personal Liability - Insurance purchased in addition to a liability policy to protect assets, expanding coverage to protect against catastrophic liability claims.
- Agriculture - Insurance to protect both the property and liability of all types of farms, ranging from family run farms to multifamily cooperatives. Policies will protect the structures, machinery, livestock, and assets of most farms. We know that with the risks inherent to farming is is critically important to have this protection in place.
We represent many outstanding companies. Since we are not obligated to one company with one set of products, we have the capability to design a customize insurance package for you at the best possible price. The companies include:
- American Modern Insurance Group
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- BlueCross BlueShield
- Bird Island Hawk Creek Mutual Insurance Company
- Continental Western Group
- Encompass Insurance
- Foremost Insurance Group
- Genworth Financial
- Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance
- Integrity Insurance
- PreferredOne Insurance Company
- RAM Mutual Insurance Company
- Safeco Insurance
- State Auto Insurance Companies
- Western National Insurance
- Western Mutual Fire Insurance Company
- Young America Mutual Insurance Co.
The amount of insurance that a person needs is a personal decision. A key question to ask yourself is how much risk are you willing to shoulder? For example, if an accident occurs, and you are sued for an amount higher than your liability limits, are you prepared to come up with the difference? We generally recommend that clients self-insure on the smaller losses with a higher deductible, and purchase higher liability limits to protect everything you’ve worked hard to accumulate.
There are a lot of factors included in the calculation of an insurance rate. Insurance score, past claims, age, zip code, and the overall condition and age of the asset you are insuring are all variables that can impact rate. Getting the best rate consists of making sure that your insurance rates are being shopped and compared with others that are in the same demographic. An Independent agent can do that for you, ensuring that you are maximizing the available discounts.
A good agent will make it easy to switch insurance providers. They will walk you through the process and transfer it at the most appropriate time (either at renewal or most appropriate time of the month to coincide with current billing cycle). Switching insurance should be a painless process, and not a deterrent to updating your program to one that is more appropriate for your needs.
- Our agents are happy to meet with you anytime. They will provide honest feedback to help you determine if your current coverage is adequate, and will also identify possible cost-saving opportunities.
- Click Here to submit your information for a complimentary coverage review.
- How to File a Car Insurance Claim - tips that can help make the process go more smoothly.
- How Much Insurance Coverage Do I Need? - Finding the right balance between the deductible and the premium on your auto and home insurance.
- 10 Tips to Get the Most from Your Insurance - Tips for being smart about how you buy and use insurance.
Insurance products are: Not FDIC insured. Not guaranteed by the financial institution. May lose value. Not insured by any governmental agency.