Conventional Mortgage Loans
The conventional program is a mortgage that requires the homebuyer to put at least 5% down at closing.
Purchase and Refinance transactions are both eligible for conventional financing. Two versions are available: a fixed interest rate mortgage (consistent monthly payments) and an adjustable rate mortgage, which works well for people who want to keep their initial payments and interest rate at a minimum.
Fixed Rate Mortgage highlights
- Simplicity — stable payments with a fixed interest rate
- More Loan Program Options — from 10, 15, & 30 year terms
- Lower fees at closing
- Flexible options to purchase or refinance a primary residence, a second home, or an investment property
- No mortgage insurance is required if at least 20% of the property value is put down at closing
Adjustable Rate Mortgage highlights
- An initially low monthly payment, which allows the borrower to qualify for a larger mortgage amount
- Flexibility and stability can be enhanced with mortgage terms of 5, 7 and 10 years
- Annual lifetime (term) interest rate caps put a “ceiling” on how high interest rates can climb
- Typically a Lower interest rate than a fixed rate
Jumbo Loans are loan amounts that exceed the conforming lending limit set by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac .
A Jumbo Loan is ideal for homebuyers who prefer a single loan to accommodate the purchase of a higher value home. MidCountry Bank offers both fixed-rate and adjustable rate (ARM) Jumbo Loans allowing for greater payment flexibility.
Benefits of a jumbo loan
- Gives borrowers an option for loan amounts exceeding the conforming lending limit
- Fixed-rate option for borrowers who intend to remain in their new home long term
- Adjustable rate option for borrowers who prefer an initial payment that may be lower than fixed-rate options or who intend to live in their new home short term
- One loan - no need to obtain multiple loans for the purchase of a higher value home
Minimum and Maximum loan amounts apply. Rates and programs subject to change at any time. Loans subject to borrower qualifications, property evaluation and credit approval. All rates and program guidelines subject to change without notice based on consumer eligibility and marketing conditions. All loans subject to credit approval and compliance with underwriting standards.
Learn More About: